Use the menu below to skip to the titled subject. If you need further assistance, you can use our online Contact Form, or contact your local branch.
- What is the bank’s routing number?
- How many branches or ATMs do you have, and where are they located?
Click here to view our branch locations.
- How do I sign up for direct deposit?
Contact your local branch to learn about getting signed up for Direct Deposit services.
- How can I check on the status of my account?
There are many different ways you can check on your account.
- Call the 24 Hour Telebanc by dialing 888.672.4222. You can follow the prompts to check on your account or speak to a customer service representative.
- You can Enroll/Login to Online Banking and view your account transactions 24 hours a day.
Changing the address on an account requires a signature. You will need to go into your local branch and fill out a change of address form.
Visit our Locations page to view your local bank's hours of operation.
We will never request your account number, password, or other personal identity information via phone calls initiated by us or through email. Do not give your account information out over the phone and never put any type of sensitive information in an email. If you call us requesting information regarding your account, we will ask you certain questions to verify your identity.
The regulation only applies to consumer accounts. Commercial accounts are not offered protection under Regulation E.
Read about Regulation E by clicking on this link: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/granule/CFR-2012-title12-vol8/CFR-2012-title12-vol8-part1005/content-detail.html
- Who do I contact if I have questions or comments?
You can contact us about E-Banking by using our online Contact Form or by calling your local bank representative.
- Can I see my account at any time?
Yes! You can login to E-Banking 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You have access to your account information anytime you need it.
- How often is my account information updated?
Accounts are updated in real-time.
- Can I access my Business account with E-Banking?
E-Banking is for Personal Banking, Small Business and Small Corporate Banking. For online access to your larger corporate account, please visit our E-Corp page. There you can learn more about our Online Services for large corporations.
- Learn more about optional services for Personal & Small Business accounts:
E-Statements | E-Pay | Mobile Banking | Business Services
- What is Enhanced Online Security?
Enhanced Online Security verifies your identity in two ways. Every time you log in to E-Banking, we identify you, and it lets you identify us by using a private image and pass phrase. Learn more here.
- How often do I have to change my password?
Federal Regulation requires that you change your password every 180 days.
- What do I do if I forget my password?
Please contact your local bank representative to reset your password.
- How do I change my password?
Login to E-Banking and click the Options button. Click “Edit” under the Password Section. Enter your current password and the new password you would like to use. Click “Submit” to save your changes. Remember to use your new password the next time you login.
- What other things can I do to minimize risk while using Online Banking?
We recommend that customers periodically evaluate their security controls for Online Banking. Changing passwords frequently and using complex passwords are both recommended. Additionally, customers may change challenge questions/answers as they desire. Other risk control suggestions can be found on the Federal Trade Commission's website at www.ftc.gov.
Is Me Banking MOBILE Secure? Our Mobile Banking service employs industry best practices with regards to security. It has been assessed against industry security criteria by a number of independent system security experts.
Mobile Banking offers the highest level of Security Safeguards:
- Authentication - Mobile browser and app users are authenticated for every interaction with any Mobile Banking component. Users are authenticated by username and password or by utilizing existing login credentials for single sign-on.
- Encryption - 128-bit encryption is used for all transactions within Mobile Banking
- Fraud - Mobile Banking incorporates mechanisms such as transaction validation and transaction reconciliation processes to detect fraud
- Are the keywords case-sensitive? No. Whether you type "BAL" or "bal," a response with your account balance information is sent to your mobile device.
- What should I do if I don’t get a response to a request? Make sure you are sending text messages to the FMBankMobile Number, 96924. Check the keyword and any additional information required for the request, such as our identifier “FMBankMobile”, account nickname, or address.
- Why are my results sent as multiple messages? Text messages are limited to 160 characters. If your account information exceeds the character limit your account information is sent in multiple messages - no more than five at a time.
- I have text messaging enabled on my mobile device, why can’t I receive text messages? Your mobile service carrier may be blocking short codes or you may have blocked short codes on your mobile device. Short codes must be enabled to use Mobile Banking. Short codes are abbreviated phone numbers, usually five digits, used to send Mobile Banking messages.
- When I click the link for the Mobile Banking website nothing happens, what should I do? Every mobile device and mobile network is different, so you may not be able to click on a link in a text message.
Try these troubleshooting tips:
- Open the text message and click the "Send" or "Go" button on your mobile device to access the website URL. Then click the address to go directly to the website.
- Open the text message and write down your unique website URL. Type the URL in your device's web browser to go directly to the website.
If you still can't access the Mobile Banking website, contact your mobile service carrier.
- When I click the link to download Me Banking MOBILE nothing happens, what should I do? Every mobile device and mobile network is different, so you may not be able to download Mobile Banking to your mobile device. If you are having trouble, contact your mobile service carrier to make sure your mobile device supports application downloads.
- What phones are supported for the Downloadable App?The Mobile App is supported by iPhone and Android smart phones. However, beginning January 2013, the Mobile APP will no longer have the ability to support iPhone 2G or 3G models, due to version support from Apple, the makers of iPhone smart phones. This only affects the downloadable App for the mentioned iPhone models and will not affect those models’ Mobile Web Banking or Text Banking abilities. At this time, the previously available App for BlackBerry devices will also be retired. Android smart phones will not be affected by this release.
- How do I change my PIN?
In order to protect your identity, you must visit your local bank branch to change your pin. The safety of your financial and sensitive information is our top priority. Because of this, we require that you come into the bank to initiate this process.
- Are there any debit card fees?
There are no fees for using your debit card to make point of sale purchases or withdrawals at a Farmers & Merchants Bank ATM. If you use your debit card at a non-Farmers & Merchants Bank ATM, you may be subject to charges from the other institution, based on their fee policies. Farmers & Merchants Bank will NOT charge you a foreign ATM fee on Debit Card transactions. Different fee policies apply for Credit Cards.
- Where are your ATMs located?
Visit our Locations page to locate our ATMs. You can also use the ATM locator in Mobile Banking or visit Shazam.net to find the network ATM closest to you.